These are the local standards set out by the practice for the benefit of our patients. It is our job to give you treatment and advice. Following discussion with you, you will receive the most appropriate care, given by suitably qualified people.
No care or treatment will be given without your informed consent. In the interest of your health it is important for you to understand all the information given to you.
Please ask us questions if you are unsure of anything.
Our responsibility to you:
We are committed to giving you the best possible service.
- People involved in your care will give you their names and ensure that you know how to contact them.
- Patients will be treated as individuals and partners in their healthcare, irrespective of their ethnic origin or religious and cultural beliefs.
- We will give you full information about the services we offer. Every effort will be made to ensure that you receive that information which directly affects your health and the care being offered.
The practice will offer patients advice and information on:
- Steps they can take to promote good health and avoid illness
- Self-help which can be undertaken without reference to a doctor in the case of minor ailments.
You have the right to see your health records, subject to limitations in the law. These will be kept confidential at all times.
Your responsibility to us:
Help us to help you.
- Please let us know if you change your name, address or telephone number.
- Please do everything you can to keep appointments. Tell us as soon as possible if you cannot. Otherwise, other patients may have to wait longer.
- We need help too. Please ask for home visits by the doctor only when the person is too ill to visit the surgery.
- Please keep your phone call brief and avoid calling during the peak morning time for non-urgent matters.
- Test results take time to reach us. Enquiries about tests ordered by the hospital should be directed to the hospital, not the practice. We ask that you treat the doctors and practice staff with courtesy and respect
- Remember, you are responsible for your own health and the health of your children. We will give you our professional help and advice. Please act upon it.